
KEEP GOD FIRST!
Even above all authority (strength) here on earth.
I know it can be a frightening thought sometimes.. given man's propensity to lie to himself.
What a nightmare it would be if someone justifies sin by saying they are only doing "what GOD told them to do?"...
hmmmmm... I lean heavily on common sense.. and am willing to take the risk, that most people will NOT twist their personal relationship with God as a means to hurt themselves or others.
What I say now.. is for healthy minds only..(as wide or narrow as that spectrum may be)
The example I use as far as when immediate authority should be rejected, is that of a relationship of a husband and wife.. but is not to be limited to just that (as can be seen in 1Kings). When authority uses it's position (strength) to make you go against conviction (based on God's Word), it's bullying.
Studying the story of Ananias & Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11)~ if Sapphira would have rejected her husband's lead, she would have lived.... and Abigail & Nabal (I Samuel 25)~ if Abigail would have gone along with her husband, EVERYONE would have died... the Prophet & the Godly man (1 Kings 13:11-33)~ if the man of God would have listened to God's voice inside of him, rather than allowing the elder prophet to overrule him, he would have lived.
I came to realize that there are times when it is not only BEST to go against immediate authority, but even NECESSARY to do so. READ 1 KING 13:11-33 & DO NOT BE BULLIED!! Under the condition that the authority is leading AWAY from the Lord and HIS Word, rather than toward Him, TURN AWAY! Let them call you rebellious, let them slander you, let them reject you! Let there be no other god BEFORE the Most High God & no other name but the name of Jesus, rule you. We are first and foremost responsible to be true to our Ultimate Authority.. the rest lines up "as unto HIM". If it is not UNTO Him.. it is not true authority and where they lead you must not follow.
Comments