Heavy weights are the lies that we swallow in an attempt to compensate for a losing battle.
I recently looked in to the eyes of a young girl (it had been 6 months since I saw her last) and I was able to see a great barrier between us. I knew immediately that she had lost her virginity and was keeping me at a distance. It's not that I would judge her.. but more of how she sees herself now. She feels unable to connect, somehow pulled away by her own perceptions. She feels like she no longer belongs among "pure" people. "This is who she truly is, this is how she has always been, her attempt to be "holy" was just a charade to gain the confidence of others." (ALL LIES)
I thought about the lies she was telling herself and I realized that they were like heavy weights in her spirit. Her life now was going to be a matter of treading, not resting. She will now make an effort to keep her head above water as to appear like everyone else & also to keep from drowning in her own shame and self blame.
I wanted so much to draw near to her, to pull her in to my arms and tell her that I understand the struggle, to tell her that I would like to take away that struggle if I could, to tell her NOT to be ashamed, but that I loved her no matter what she DOES; to tell her, she is NOT a sex addict, drug addict, alcoholic, manipulator, deceiver.. to tell her that she IS a child of the MOST HIGH GOD and that HE will pull her out of this identity crisis.
Nevertheless, her wall was as high and as tall as a fortress, and her answer was, "I am fine". I resolved to pray first and save the digging for after God has softened the ground.
When Jesus said, Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.. He meant it.. when He said My burden is easy and My yoke is light.. He meant that too. But how do you get there?
You have to release the weights. The lies that attack your identity to try to tell you, you are something or someone that you're not. The lies that tell you that GOD is something or someone that HE is not. These lies weigh us down and force us to struggle when we could just be lying on our backs, floating & soaking.
I pray we all seek out WHO we truly are in eternity. Who the Lord designed us to be & to see ourselves the way HE sees us.. not the way we think others do.. or the way we think we should be. There so much more to each and every individual life and existance. SO much more than we can conceive. Allow NOTHING (no sin, shame, or doubt) interfere with spending time with God. No matter how small it may appear in your eyes, take the time to seek Him out. Ask Him to keep you in the TRUTH.. constantly. and to cut off what is tethering your soul and keeping you from being whole.
Love with all my heart,
HB Cher
I recently looked in to the eyes of a young girl (it had been 6 months since I saw her last) and I was able to see a great barrier between us. I knew immediately that she had lost her virginity and was keeping me at a distance. It's not that I would judge her.. but more of how she sees herself now. She feels unable to connect, somehow pulled away by her own perceptions. She feels like she no longer belongs among "pure" people. "This is who she truly is, this is how she has always been, her attempt to be "holy" was just a charade to gain the confidence of others." (ALL LIES)
I thought about the lies she was telling herself and I realized that they were like heavy weights in her spirit. Her life now was going to be a matter of treading, not resting. She will now make an effort to keep her head above water as to appear like everyone else & also to keep from drowning in her own shame and self blame.
I wanted so much to draw near to her, to pull her in to my arms and tell her that I understand the struggle, to tell her that I would like to take away that struggle if I could, to tell her NOT to be ashamed, but that I loved her no matter what she DOES; to tell her, she is NOT a sex addict, drug addict, alcoholic, manipulator, deceiver.. to tell her that she IS a child of the MOST HIGH GOD and that HE will pull her out of this identity crisis.
Nevertheless, her wall was as high and as tall as a fortress, and her answer was, "I am fine". I resolved to pray first and save the digging for after God has softened the ground.
When Jesus said, Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.. He meant it.. when He said My burden is easy and My yoke is light.. He meant that too. But how do you get there?
You have to release the weights. The lies that attack your identity to try to tell you, you are something or someone that you're not. The lies that tell you that GOD is something or someone that HE is not. These lies weigh us down and force us to struggle when we could just be lying on our backs, floating & soaking.
I pray we all seek out WHO we truly are in eternity. Who the Lord designed us to be & to see ourselves the way HE sees us.. not the way we think others do.. or the way we think we should be. There so much more to each and every individual life and existance. SO much more than we can conceive. Allow NOTHING (no sin, shame, or doubt) interfere with spending time with God. No matter how small it may appear in your eyes, take the time to seek Him out. Ask Him to keep you in the TRUTH.. constantly. and to cut off what is tethering your soul and keeping you from being whole.
Love with all my heart,
HB Cher
Comments