
Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it. ~ Henry Thoreau
Put in a box.
I want to get out.
When an image is protected
And a thought is a shout
Why can I not be free
To express my emotion?
even if it does not fit
what you would like to hear
even if it is on the edge
of what you hold dear
Images, Images, Icons, & Dreams
Sorry to disappoint you
But I wish to be free
I will not be put in a box
that tells me I am not good enough
I will not be put in a box
That says I must always be better
I will not be put in a box
of your man made rules and regulations
Of your particular tastes and fancies
that make people feel small when they can't keep up
that make people feel less than what you made up.
Pharisee, Sadducee, Critical Spirit...
You have been revealed
And forever more may you not be concealed
Legalism, Zealot, Religious to the hilt
What you have done to hurt God's Children
Will have you sifted in to silt.
Comments