by HB Cher
The devil doesn't like me much.
I believe I grate on his nerves
He takes one look at me
and thinks of all I deserve.
He would like to toss me in a pit
and throw away the key
He really doesn't understand
What Jesus could possibly see in me.
As I am walking along
I'm always kept aware.
That the devil doesn't like me much
but mostly 'cause I don't care.
His opinion is a fly in my ear
His threats are a buzz
I trust in the Hand of my Daddy
And the rest is all just a fuzz.
The devil doesn't like me much
he really wishes I were dead
he tries to shut my voice down
& tell others I'm lose in the head.
he likes to make up stories
to make me look like a fool
he likes to get you thinking
I'm so far from anything cool.
The thing I think I'm learning
Through my experiences good & bad
I would rather be on this end of the coin
Than be on the other that's rather sad.
Because friendship with the world's beliefs
is enmity with all that Christ has taught
It may put me in a place of rejection
But for me the battle was already fought.
To be Loved by God is the greatest gift
& for that there is no exchange.
To be loved by Jesus is more than life
& for that My world has changed.
So grate on his nerves I may
but surely you'll see someday
Being his enemy is better
than living a life of decay.
The devil doesn't like me much.
I believe I grate on his nerves
He takes one look at me
and thinks of all I deserve.
He would like to toss me in a pit
and throw away the key
He really doesn't understand
What Jesus could possibly see in me.
As I am walking along
I'm always kept aware.
That the devil doesn't like me much
but mostly 'cause I don't care.
His opinion is a fly in my ear
His threats are a buzz
I trust in the Hand of my Daddy
And the rest is all just a fuzz.
The devil doesn't like me much
he really wishes I were dead
he tries to shut my voice down
& tell others I'm lose in the head.
he likes to make up stories
to make me look like a fool
he likes to get you thinking
I'm so far from anything cool.
The thing I think I'm learning
Through my experiences good & bad
I would rather be on this end of the coin
Than be on the other that's rather sad.
Because friendship with the world's beliefs
is enmity with all that Christ has taught
It may put me in a place of rejection
But for me the battle was already fought.
To be Loved by God is the greatest gift
& for that there is no exchange.
To be loved by Jesus is more than life
& for that My world has changed.
So grate on his nerves I may
but surely you'll see someday
Being his enemy is better
than living a life of decay.
Comments