My stack at work has reached so high
I wonder some days if it will touch the sky
Although I go at it day by day
It seems to me it will never go away
Like the sand on a beach
Being counted by a canary
Grain by grain
this tedious task I carry
Like an inch worm, I count every dollar every cent
Measuring the marigolds, does not make my heart content
If you wonder why I daydream
Or have clouds in my head
it's because if it wasn't for my dreams
I would just as soon drop dead.
Proverbs 29:18Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law --blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.(C)[amp]
I wonder some days if it will touch the sky
Although I go at it day by day
It seems to me it will never go away
Like the sand on a beach
Being counted by a canary
Grain by grain
this tedious task I carry
Like an inch worm, I count every dollar every cent
Measuring the marigolds, does not make my heart content
If you wonder why I daydream
Or have clouds in my head
it's because if it wasn't for my dreams
I would just as soon drop dead.
Proverbs 29:18Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law --blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he.(C)[amp]
Comments