Today I am struck by the profound truth and disappointment, that I have absolutely NOTHING to offer God. I have no wonderful talent. My singing is mediocre, I can't play guitar, my trumpet playing needs ALOT of help. I have a bit of a brain, but not thoroughly convinced that that is too much of an asset and I certainly don't consider it a talent. My painting is childlike. My poetry is nice. That's a talent, isn't it? hmmmm...
I look at Kim Walker and Misty Edwards and can see how BEAUTIFUL surrender looks through their music. I look at Kelly Korsman & Lillis Boyer's art and can SEE how marvelous it is to know Jesus. When talents are directed to the Son of God, they are like glistening jewels on His crown.
Nevertheless, when Jesus wants me to sing. I will sing, no matter how it sounds. When The Spirit of Christ wants me to paint, I will paint in 2 dimensional simplicity. When I am to play my trumpet, my notes may go out of tune. When I dance, I am not a gifted ballerina, but not afraid to look like a fool.
All I have to give you, Lord ... is my heart. My broken, beaten up, melted down.. caught on fire heart. It may not get me any recognition, but I pray that it will be strong enough to point to Jesus and draw men to you in a real authentic way.
For you are the God of nobodies and nothings, you are my God.
Even though my hands are empty
and my talents are few.
I will lift it up
and honor you.
I look at Kim Walker and Misty Edwards and can see how BEAUTIFUL surrender looks through their music. I look at Kelly Korsman & Lillis Boyer's art and can SEE how marvelous it is to know Jesus. When talents are directed to the Son of God, they are like glistening jewels on His crown.
Nevertheless, when Jesus wants me to sing. I will sing, no matter how it sounds. When The Spirit of Christ wants me to paint, I will paint in 2 dimensional simplicity. When I am to play my trumpet, my notes may go out of tune. When I dance, I am not a gifted ballerina, but not afraid to look like a fool.
All I have to give you, Lord ... is my heart. My broken, beaten up, melted down.. caught on fire heart. It may not get me any recognition, but I pray that it will be strong enough to point to Jesus and draw men to you in a real authentic way.
For you are the God of nobodies and nothings, you are my God.
Even though my hands are empty
and my talents are few.
I will lift it up
and honor you.
Comments