Isn't it funny..how when people misinterpret your heart. It is usually just a reflection of their own.
Or is it?
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
The phases of Correction:
The process I have noticed is, if a FRIEND sees something negative about me and tells me.
1. My first response is always (NO WAY! _ I'm not doing THAT!) am I?
2. Then suspicion/accusation, "what a dark mind they have to even THINK I am capable of such a thing!"
3. Next step, Rejection or Correction (at this point the ball is in your court).
Pride points to Rejection (because you think of yourself so highly you can NOT accept what the other person is saying).
Humility embraces Correction (when you ask God for wisdom, then be prepared for a good friend to give you a good WHACK!) Prov 27:6.
Rejection leads to Bondage..
Correction gives us liberty!
Becoming teachable day by day, if you want to grow, it's the only way.
In this blog I would like to emphasize:
The word FRIEND. - Not everyone has the right to speak in to your life.
Also, to recognize that Iron sharpens Iron, which to me means that the ability to give and receive correction needs to be going BOTH ways.
Not Iron Chops Up Wood. In which one individual undergoing the fine microscopic vision of another; while the other believes they are beyond reproach. These sort of "friends" are chopping you, not sharpening you.Be aware and be willing to walk away. This sort of relationship personifies an unhealthy soul tie.
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
The phases of Correction:
The process I have noticed is, if a FRIEND sees something negative about me and tells me.
1. My first response is always (NO WAY! _ I'm not doing THAT!) am I?
2. Then suspicion/accusation, "what a dark mind they have to even THINK I am capable of such a thing!"
3. Next step, Rejection or Correction (at this point the ball is in your court).
Pride points to Rejection (because you think of yourself so highly you can NOT accept what the other person is saying).
Humility embraces Correction (when you ask God for wisdom, then be prepared for a good friend to give you a good WHACK!) Prov 27:6.
Rejection leads to Bondage..
Correction gives us liberty!
Becoming teachable day by day, if you want to grow, it's the only way.
In this blog I would like to emphasize:
The word FRIEND. - Not everyone has the right to speak in to your life.
Also, to recognize that Iron sharpens Iron, which to me means that the ability to give and receive correction needs to be going BOTH ways.
Not Iron Chops Up Wood. In which one individual undergoing the fine microscopic vision of another; while the other believes they are beyond reproach. These sort of "friends" are chopping you, not sharpening you.Be aware and be willing to walk away. This sort of relationship personifies an unhealthy soul tie.
Comments