Fractal Image by Mark DevaldeThis morning, I received the answer to a question I had for many years. What is Resurrection Power? I know it must be MORE than being able to raise people from the dead. Paul says, "to know the power of His resurrection". This indicates something that can be applied in our lives.
Then it clicked, we are mortal. Our spirit is encased in mortal bodies, a dead shell per say. Resurrection POWER enables us to rise above mortal weaknesses (to be risen from the dead). To come OUT OF death and life habits that lead towards death. For example, this power allows you to break free from addictions of any kind, to break free from lust, envy, jealousy, strife.. and all forms of selfishness in general. Resurrection Power is the power to overcome sin in your life and live COMPLETELY free from sin. Where your spirit RISES out from being encased in your decaying body and lives above ALL THINGS... keeping ALL THINGS in alignment with the Holy Spirit, BY the Holy Spirit.
In this verse, Paul gives us the key to living without sin. FREE!!
Philippians 3:10-11
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Comments