
This morning was the second day of school and (of course) I was a day late in getting school supplies. So I loaded up the boys with their EXTRA HEAVY back packs and headed to wait in the car rider line at the school. Leaving early got us third place in line WOOHOO!! but it also meant waiting patiently for the doors to open. As we waited the boys and I watched a teacher start to put up the American, Texan and POW-MIA Flags. I explained to the boys to watch how careful she was being not to let the flags touch the ground. How we honor our nation by being careful with our flag. When the flag was finally all the way up.. the boys practically cheered, but it was short lived by the drab way they hung. There was NO WIND; not even a breeze.
I remembered Jason Westerfield speaking of the winds coming when he prayed for them... that it was actually a result of angelic activity. So, I told the boys that angels make winds too. Chris wasn't really convinced; so I asked the boys if they would pray with me, that the Lord would provide wind for the flags to blow strong. We prayed. Time went by; nothing happened. Caleb asked why there was no wind. I told him that they will come, that sometimes it takes angels time to get there. I also spoke with the Lord.
I want my children to know that there is more to their lives than what the eye can see. I want my son to KNOW the Kingdom of God, to be raised IN the Kingdom. Through many small examples like these, Caleb has been able to see how true and real our God is. I find it must be in a way HE understands and something HE can relate to. For example, if he were to see an arm grow out. He would think it was neat, but not consider it particularly significant (he doesn't really know that arms don't grow out naturally). But when we pray for his car to run after it's broken; or for winds to blow a flag.. THAT really means something to him.
The bell rang the boys were put in school and I headed to work.
At 10:27 am, I received a text message from my neighbor asking me to report a power outage for her. She stated, "Wow it must just be in our area, very strong winds, trailer shook a little, seems to be letting up some. Thanks for calling Entergy for me." ~ my neighbor knew nothing about me and the boys praying this morning.
I know they must have looked outside their windows at school around that time. Maybe even able to catch a glimpse of their flags ripping in the wind :D
God is faithful.
~HB Cher
Comments