Skip to main content

Cover me Father, Cover me well...


I pay no attention to criticism
Onward do I go
So few know my struggle
So little do I show.

One small piece for one friend
To examine that I carry,
Another small stone for another
So their counsel will not tarry.

So few know the whole weight
of what I truly bear
as I take my whole concern
To the Lord trusting in His care.

He knows what it is like to be misunderstood
He knows what it is like to be judged
He knows the pain of having foresight
While others assume a grudge.

Cover me Father
Cover me well
Though I have failed so many times.

Cover me Father
From head to toe
From the assault of all different kinds.

They sit and wait in the shadows
For a weakness to come out from under
The covering you placed over my mind
The covering you placed upon my heart.

Keep me hidden until the time is right
Then establish the truth,
Bring out the light
And make sure all is seen and all is known.
That you establish Your justice for all of Your own.

Expose the oppressors
Expose the injustice
Expose the lies that people have told
Expose the love for you that others have sold.

Though I am not perfect
I continue to walk
For sanctification is a process divine
Though I have failed
I will shake it off
and continue pursuing your awesome design.

~HB Cher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Snake

Once upon a time there was a serpent who was badly injured in a fight with another animal. It managed to slither away to safety but would have surely died if a benevolent man had not seen it suffering by the side of the road. The goodly man carefully wrapped the snake up and took it to his house, where he bestowed the kindest and gentlest care on the snake until it was healed and could return to the wild. Just as the man was releasing the serpent back into the grass, the ungrateful snake turned and bit him on the hand. "What did you do that for?" cried the man, who knew that the bite of this particular snake was usually fatal. "Didn't I take care of you when no one else would?" The snake shrugged (no small feat for a snake!) and replied to the benevolent--and now doomed-- man, "What did you expect? You knew I was a snake when you picked me up." We certainly know without any question that they are snakes. Time will tell if the moral of the tale is appli...

Tough Mind and Tender Heart by Martin Luther King

SERMON: A Tough Mind And A Tender Heart, by Martin Luther King, Jr. Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. (Matthew 10:16) A French philosopher said, “No man is strong unless he bears within his character antitheses strongly marked.” The strong man holds in a living blend strongly marked opposites. Not ordinarily do men achieve this balance of opposites. The idealists are not usually realistic, and the realists are not usually idealistic. The militant are not generally known to be passive, nor the passive to be militant. Seldom are the humble self-assertive, or the self-assertive humble. But life at its best is a creative synthesis of opposites in fruitful harmony. The philosopher Hegel said that truth is found neither in the thesis nor the antithesis, but in an emergent synthesis that reconciles the two. Jesus recognized the need for blending opposites. He knew that his disciples would face a difficult and hostile world, where they would confront the recalcitrance of...

AS I SEEK

By Cherstin Jagger Mendez I seek within the ebb and flow, In every attempt for my heart to grow. I lean into the winds to see what they say. Hoping it’s secrets, it will give away. How do you live a life to the fullest? How do you push yourself beyond….? The lead weights on my feet telling me I can’t go, Due to my age or life, without much to show. For the potential within me fights every day to get out! For the voice in my heart says I can not do without … Without the land beneath my feet, Without the sound of the trees in the wind. Without the buds that bloom and tell me there’s hope, Without the love that flows from beyond my scope. Without the connection that reminds me that I’m alive, Without your heartbeat here by my side I seek again for what I cannot see. I seek again for what’s found inside of me. I seek again for the strength to persevere, As I walk among those that this world does fear …. DEDICATED TO TDCJ CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS