I had another picnic today. I can't help myself. I find around 11 am I start to get antsy to go, to be alone, to meditate, to listen to worship music, just to lie down on the bench and close my eyes as the breeze gently washes over me. It's my quiet time and I crave it.
Today I ate as quick as I could so I would have more time to talk. I asked the Holy Spirit what song He would like to hear on my ipod. I heard Him say, shuffle.
I thought.. good idea, that way you can decide each song for yourself.
I opened the bible and asked, "what would you like for me to read today"
I heard, "Stay in the book of John"
Sounds good to me. Of all the disciples, I would like to sit with John first and foremost. I would ask him to show me more about love and why he was so comfortable to lean his head on Jesus' chest and not the others.
Before I could really register what I was reading, I heard Brian and Jenn Johnson's song come on (the VERY FIRST SONG TO PLAY). I have over 400 songs in my ipod and it has been SO LONG since I have listened to their album. Track 11 of We Believe came on... "no longer your master, but your husband I will be".. "You have ravished my heart with one glance of your eyes..."
That was all it took.
I lied on the bench crying.. thinking and remembering His promise to me, to love me, to cherish me, to cover me, to provide for me, to protect me, to ALWAYS be IN LOVE with me.
I have no words to express the significance of this one concept.
To be the Bride of Christ.
It's easy to squeeze it in to Christian lingo and not catch the revelation.
I caught it! I hold on to it tightly!
Jesus is all I have in the whole world.
He is all I need to have.
~ HB Cher
Hosea 2:16
16 "In that day," declares the LORD,
"you will call me 'my husband';
you will no longer call me 'my master. [c] '
17 I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;
no longer will their names be invoked.
18 In that day I will make a covenant for them
with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air
and the creatures that move along the ground.
Bow and sword and battle
I will abolish from the land,
so that all may lie down in safety.
19 I will betroth you to me forever;
I will betroth you in [d] righteousness and justice,
in [e] love and compassion.
20 I will betroth you in faithfulness,
and you will acknowledge the LORD.
21 "In that day I will respond,"
declares the LORD—
"I will respond to the skies,
and they will respond to the earth;
22 and the earth will respond to the grain,
the new wine and oil,
and they will respond to Jezreel. [f]
23 I will plant her for myself in the land;
I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one. [g] '
I will say to those called 'Not my people, [h] ' 'You are my people';
and they will say, 'You are my God.' "
Comments