
Where are you taking me?
How far can I possibly go?
My eyes can not see
Nor can I dream of Your intentions.
I have wondered through this life
The physical world and it's cares
I have stumbled on to love
Only to find it bare.
Counterfeit is raised up
And sold as if it were true.
No one hungers for reality,
So few long to be with You.
Where are you taking me?
Where should I go?
This world has so little to offer
Substance has nothing to show
We are but tender grass
Here for only an instant
When eternity stares down at us
We walk away and are distant
Eternity cries out for all of us to see
There is more to life than just living for "me"
There is more to dreams than the fear of dieing.
There is more to death than the fear of living.
There is a place so distant, but as close as your own heartbeat
There is a place, when reached, that can make you truly free.
It is only at life's very edge.
That true living is revealed.
It is only by HIS hand
Do we come to what is real.
~CHER
Comments