
Found out last night that one of my best friends will be "giving me the silent treatment" for a little while. I pondered over whether I deserved it or not. Then decided NO ONE deserves the silent treatment. A small tinge of pain brushed across my heart.
I woke up this morning and asked the Holy Spirit to stay real close to me. I can bear the silent treatment from people. I am almost growing an immunity to it. There was a time in my life where that sort of thing would crush me. I'm glad I am becoming more and more free every day
from manipulation and man's control tactics. I am reaching a place of wholeness despite the environment.
Calvin with Fed Ex came in to give me my packages. I signed as usual, we exchanged our standard greetings (he calls me Ms. America) and as he was heading for the door he turns around and asks me if I like Chik fil A. Of course, It's my favorite. He said he would be back at lunch time with a coupon for a free chicken sandwich for me.
(didn't have money for a soda so couldn't eat there) As I was walking through the parking lot listening to my ipod. Jason Upton's song "FLY" came on. As I listened to him sing, "I have given you the air". I watched a small feather float right in front of me and off to my left up into the sky.
I woke up this morning and asked the Holy Spirit to stay real close to me. I can bear the silent treatment from people. I am almost growing an immunity to it. There was a time in my life where that sort of thing would crush me. I'm glad I am becoming more and more free every day
from manipulation and man's control tactics. I am reaching a place of wholeness despite the environment.
There is peace here.
BUT ONLY
BUT ONLY
when I know that the Holy Spirit stays closer than a brother.
With Him by my side I can handle abandonment, rejection, and bullying. The practice at not being offended by this kind of behavior is something I am still working on, but even that is getting much better, when resentment rears its ugly head, I just shrug and say, "I guess I'm not dead yet" and work on dieing to myself again. I know I will overcome it with LOVE.Nevertheless,
Today, I asked the Spirit of God to be obvious to me, I knew it may be a rough ride. As I left in a rush for work, trying to get there early to hopefully get caught up a bit, I realized that leaving my bank card with my daughter was going to leave me penniless today. As I walked out the door with no breakfast, and no money for lunch and no chance of eating until after 7 tonight. I told Jesus, I was ok with fasting today. That I was ALL His, if He wanted me to eat, He would have to take care of me. By 10:30 I was hungry :)Calvin with Fed Ex came in to give me my packages. I signed as usual, we exchanged our standard greetings (he calls me Ms. America) and as he was heading for the door he turns around and asks me if I like Chik fil A. Of course, It's my favorite. He said he would be back at lunch time with a coupon for a free chicken sandwich for me.
**SMILE**
By lunch time I had a yummy chicken sandwich in my lap and was heading back to the office(didn't have money for a soda so couldn't eat there) As I was walking through the parking lot listening to my ipod. Jason Upton's song "FLY" came on. As I listened to him sing, "I have given you the air". I watched a small feather float right in front of me and off to my left up into the sky.
The lyrics and the feather together created such a KNOWING of the presence of God.
I decided to grab a soda from the fridge at work and go on a picnic. I listened to the song on repeat and thought of what a GREAT God we serve. After lunch, I remembered the heart tree from the last picnic.It was still there and this time, I remembered to take a picture.

What an amazing day!
Comments