Fantasy of Fantasies
Dreams of Dreams
Who can portray
The mystery
of the Ring?
When times were young and hearts were true.
Love sprouted on every flower like a morning dew.
When a covenant is made in hearts so pure,
They are held and bound and do endure?
What do you do with a promise you can't keep?
Throw it overboard down in to the deep?
Ask God's grace to cover and heal
To repair the breech that the enemy did steal
It can't be done
My strength is gone
Release it
Let it go
What if the love of my youth
Was the only one that was true?
Have I not been free to love another?
Is that why I failed so many times,
Was my heart never mine?
When I made him go?
Did I leave it behind?
Release it
Let it go
How can a promise in a ring
Keep me in love with someone
I haven't seen...
I haven't seen him, but he's there
I still feel him in my soul
a tie that never died
20 years
still
beating
still
breathing
still
leading.......
Now he's found.
Release it
Let it go
God help me,
I found the root.
Pull as I may it won't come loose.
I need YOU Father
Be my strength.
Pull this fantasy from my soul
Give me the strength to let go.
Release it
Let it go
It's true
It's not my heart
It belongs to You.
-Cher
Dreams of Dreams
Who can portray
The mystery
of the Ring?
When times were young and hearts were true.
Love sprouted on every flower like a morning dew.
When a covenant is made in hearts so pure,
They are held and bound and do endure?
What do you do with a promise you can't keep?
Throw it overboard down in to the deep?
Ask God's grace to cover and heal
To repair the breech that the enemy did steal
It can't be done
My strength is gone
Release it
Let it go
What if the love of my youth
Was the only one that was true?
Have I not been free to love another?
Is that why I failed so many times,
Was my heart never mine?
When I made him go?
Did I leave it behind?
Release it
Let it go
How can a promise in a ring
Keep me in love with someone
I haven't seen...
I haven't seen him, but he's there
I still feel him in my soul
a tie that never died
20 years
still
beating
still
breathing
still
leading.......
Now he's found.
Release it
Let it go
God help me,
I found the root.
Pull as I may it won't come loose.
I need YOU Father
Be my strength.
Pull this fantasy from my soul
Give me the strength to let go.
Release it
Let it go
It's true
It's not my heart
It belongs to You.
-Cher
Comments