

I spent Thursday night "soaking" at Conroe House of Prayer (CHOP) in downtown Conroe. It was sweet. Then Friday night I had a dinner with the "Sisterhood" ladies at Grace. It was wonderful seeing them again. All in all, Jesus brings unity. The bridge will be repaired. I will be sure to do my part in seeing restoration. Right after the dinner at Italian Grill (I had Tilapia on angel hair pasta - awesome!), I went to CHOP for worship.
First, I have to give a brief description. The inside of CHOP is exactly like a lounge. It has a real living room feel to it, with a platform (stage) at the front. When I first walked in, I was reminded of the opening scene of "So I Married an Ax Murderer". It had the look and feel of creativity and a genuine air of welcome that one would get from their mother's living room (well, my mom's anyway). I walk in and find the most comfortable spot I can imagine, on the rug by a stack of pillows. The atmosphere is filled with the chords of a guitar and the impromptu lyrics of a psalmist. It's beautiful. I settle in and begin to worship the creator of the universe. I think of how wonderful He is.. how rich in love and Glory. My heart rises to a place where I feel a deep sense of intimacy and a knowing that brings peace. I know I am His and He is Mine. I feel a oneness that supersedes anything I have ever experienced in a relationship before. Along with it comes a lightness, a total relaxation of every fiber of my body and true JOY.
Sweetness...
SOOO... Saturday night I was back again. This time I brought Caleb and Lauren. I set the pillows up on the floor. We arrived at 9pm and he found himself serenaded in to a peaceful sleep in a rich atmosphere. He gave me no fuss or trouble; I lied down next to him, covered him with a crocheted blanket they had near by .. he listened to the guitar and drifted off to sleep. Then I sat up and praised my God until 11 or so. I lost track of the time.
Drove home.. put the kids to bed, woke easily an hour earlier and went to church and enjoyed David Hunter's music and sermon. I got to dance Sunday, and use the flags and material (something new for me). I stayed so full during the sermon I had to stand in the back of the church. I couldn't even sit. Good thing I don't care what people think of me any more :)
I have been praying for complete saturation of His love and Presence. I have been praying for intimacy and hearing His voice clearly. I have been praying for a Harvest. I'm getting in to position to start a "un-church" ministry in my neighborhood. It sorely needs it. I want to start a bible study for people that are not interested in going to church but are curious about what the bible says and who Jesus is. Given all the drug addicts and broken people in my neighborhood, I need to be sure I don't walk in and start something on my own with out KNOWING and hearing from God. But the desire to reach them is in my heart and I know it's from the Holy Spirit. He will equip me.
I expect to see people healed, addictions broken, wounds in the heart washed and hope restored.
Keep me in your prayers.
I love you.
CHER
Comments