“It has been a matter of honor to me to make myself obscure to the ignorant, for that is what distinguishes the learned; to speak in a style that seems Greek to the ignorant, for precious pearls should not be cast before swine.”-Luis de Gongora, Spain’s great Baroque poet
Sigh... I wish I would have read this a few months ago. You just don't know how hard I TRIED to reason with the ignorant. I know now.. it just can not be done. I think the biggest surprise comes when you realize too late that some people are not sensible, especially in the area of religious dogma. I can't even begin to imagine how tough it must have been on Jesus to deal with Pharisees every day.
Sigh... I wish I would have read this a few months ago. You just don't know how hard I TRIED to reason with the ignorant. I know now.. it just can not be done. I think the biggest surprise comes when you realize too late that some people are not sensible, especially in the area of religious dogma. I can't even begin to imagine how tough it must have been on Jesus to deal with Pharisees every day.
Comments