A couple of weeks ago, Lauren introduced me to the idea of going on a missions trip to Africa. I have to admit, my first "motherly" response was.. "NO! don't get distracted away from college". And, of course, "Who are these people trying to take my little girl out of the country?!?" Then came>>>> "WOW, my daughter is going to be a missionary in AFRICA! How awesome is that!" I spoke with a wonderful friend of mine and the vision came alive in my heart. It also blew my mind when she offered to sponsor a portion of Lauren's trip. When she offered without me even asking or thinking to ask.. I realized God placed that desire in her heart. I knew then, that this is a God thing and I get to watch Him work.
We went to a meeting at Bethel Temple in Bryan last Saturday night and Keith Miller spoke. He said that there was someone there that wanted to go to a 3rd world country for a missions trip and the only thing preventing them is money. He said for the ones that had that desire to stand. Of course, Lauren stood and I stood amazed. He said that God was going to provide $3000 for the trip. I was floored. That is the EXACT amount Lauren is trying to raise. He mentioned Africa, Iris Ministries and EVERYTHING. We received the promise and I was lead to seal it with a "pre-tithe". I know without a doubt now, that God is leading Lauren to Africa and is going to do AMAZING things through her. It will be a life changing experience. I am SO SO SO excited to see my first arrow.... getting set to fly, straight and true to the Father's heart. Every sacrifice, every heartache, every labor of love that I poured in to my daughter.. I can NOW see was in order to create an amazing woman of God that has a fantastic future in front of her. There are no words to describe the awe I feel about the goodness of Knowing Jesus and being a part of His Kingdom.
Yesterday a check came in the mail for $1,000.00 for Lauren's trip. So far, in one week, she has raised $1,575.00 (a portion is based on verbal commitments). Now I have to get her an expedited passport. I will pay for that with my own money. I want the full funds received from other sources to go towards Mozambique, Africa.
She leaves in June for 2 weeks.. then August she's off to bible college in California. Whew!.. Jesus really knows how to get her started in life with a BANG!
btw.. the name of the college is River City Supernatural School of Ministry (RCSSM). heh... Now that's a name to chew on. I've met the directors and am confident the doctrine she is going to be learning lines up with the Word of God and everything I know to be true about the Holy Spirit and His Power to transform lives :).
sigh... one down.. and 3 more to go! I KNOW what abundant life means, I have the privilege of being a part of it.
Life is an adventure... ALWAYS!
We went to a meeting at Bethel Temple in Bryan last Saturday night and Keith Miller spoke. He said that there was someone there that wanted to go to a 3rd world country for a missions trip and the only thing preventing them is money. He said for the ones that had that desire to stand. Of course, Lauren stood and I stood amazed. He said that God was going to provide $3000 for the trip. I was floored. That is the EXACT amount Lauren is trying to raise. He mentioned Africa, Iris Ministries and EVERYTHING. We received the promise and I was lead to seal it with a "pre-tithe". I know without a doubt now, that God is leading Lauren to Africa and is going to do AMAZING things through her. It will be a life changing experience. I am SO SO SO excited to see my first arrow.... getting set to fly, straight and true to the Father's heart. Every sacrifice, every heartache, every labor of love that I poured in to my daughter.. I can NOW see was in order to create an amazing woman of God that has a fantastic future in front of her. There are no words to describe the awe I feel about the goodness of Knowing Jesus and being a part of His Kingdom.
Yesterday a check came in the mail for $1,000.00 for Lauren's trip. So far, in one week, she has raised $1,575.00 (a portion is based on verbal commitments). Now I have to get her an expedited passport. I will pay for that with my own money. I want the full funds received from other sources to go towards Mozambique, Africa.
She leaves in June for 2 weeks.. then August she's off to bible college in California. Whew!.. Jesus really knows how to get her started in life with a BANG!
btw.. the name of the college is River City Supernatural School of Ministry (RCSSM). heh... Now that's a name to chew on. I've met the directors and am confident the doctrine she is going to be learning lines up with the Word of God and everything I know to be true about the Holy Spirit and His Power to transform lives :).
sigh... one down.. and 3 more to go! I KNOW what abundant life means, I have the privilege of being a part of it.
Life is an adventure... ALWAYS!
Comments