Exhaustion can be a funny thing. I find myself at a state of total oblivion when I finally determine to call it a day. Home from work, dinner done, kids fed, house semi-picked up, Caleb asleep; finally my quiet time. Given the fact that I prefer nights to mornings, I have learned the benefit of being bathed before bed so I can sleep in longer. But lately, I have not been able to get myself to get to bed at a decent hour. Around 10 at night, I think of a wonderful project that just HAS to be done! What on earth is driving me? For some reason I have an insatiable need to express myself and have someone know that I exist on this planet?
Sunday night was finding old photos and posting my favorite ones. For some reason I had to prove to myself that I WAS a kid once; that I DID have a fantastic time as a teenager, and that my 20's were equally beautiful (considering the pitfalls).
Monday night was LATE night dance practice.. exhilarating. I have decided that even when the performance is over I am going to get involved in Martial arts. I wield a stick as if it were an extension of my body. There is nothing awkward about it. It's so natural. I believe I should pursue it. It will be good to finally have a hobby.
Tuesday night was LATE because I just had to find and label art that I had found during the day. It was amazing artwork based on or inspired by scripture. So many of the images reminded me of the books I love to read.. about knights and nobler days. sigh.. it relieved my heart to see them , find them, and read about them. I think about the Kingdom of God all the time.
Problem: All 3 nights I headed to the bath after midnight and would JOLT myself awake IN the tub. Nothing like a good SPLASH to arouse the senses. Last night I just laughed at myself. It seems like it would be a ridiculous way to die - in the tub, that is- but what is a girl to do? My sore body demands the down time and the tub.
Sunday night was finding old photos and posting my favorite ones. For some reason I had to prove to myself that I WAS a kid once; that I DID have a fantastic time as a teenager, and that my 20's were equally beautiful (considering the pitfalls).
Monday night was LATE night dance practice.. exhilarating. I have decided that even when the performance is over I am going to get involved in Martial arts. I wield a stick as if it were an extension of my body. There is nothing awkward about it. It's so natural. I believe I should pursue it. It will be good to finally have a hobby.
Tuesday night was LATE because I just had to find and label art that I had found during the day. It was amazing artwork based on or inspired by scripture. So many of the images reminded me of the books I love to read.. about knights and nobler days. sigh.. it relieved my heart to see them , find them, and read about them. I think about the Kingdom of God all the time.
Problem: All 3 nights I headed to the bath after midnight and would JOLT myself awake IN the tub. Nothing like a good SPLASH to arouse the senses. Last night I just laughed at myself. It seems like it would be a ridiculous way to die - in the tub, that is- but what is a girl to do? My sore body demands the down time and the tub.
Comments