Pulling up to the Sheratin was a new experience for me. For so many years I have grown accustomed to seeing the Humble Civic Center. This year the location was closer, and in this way, a relief.
When I entered I could sense where the conference would be held. I found it funny, like a mouse smelling cheese I had a KNOWING of where a room full of believers were hanging out and made my way straight there. Upon entering, I was surprised by how the room was set up to appear almost exactly as it appeared in the civic center. Seating in the center. Platform to the far left and long tables along the back full of materials. I walked along the back tables to see what all was being marketed and felt the similar uncomfortable feeling I usually get when looking at merchandise being sold at the place of worship. I wondered if Jesus would overturn the tables? Or buy some soaking music? I am really not sure. I have purchased life changing, encouraging, and valuable tools at these tables before. Surely, this is a good thing. Perhaps I would have more peace about it if it were outside the room.
OH well.. to move on. AS I walked through the room, I noticed being a half an hour early really made no difference. Just about all the seats were taken. I browsed for familiar faces and came across a few, but also missed MANY that were not there this year. There was an advantage to being alone; it was not too difficult to find a single empty chair. I sat between 2 sweet women; both of which looked like they were in their late 60's and quite opposite. To my right was a HEAVY drinker who stayed in the crunchies the entire time.. and waiving and laying hands and giggling and LOVING.. I thought it was wonderful! To my left, was the ever conservative, gentle, proper, and also LOVING woman, I thought she was wonderful too. I do believe I found the very best seat in the house.
As service began, I noticed such a big difference from the past Texas Ablaze meetings. I tried to stay at my seat during worship, but it was far too distracting. I had to go to the altar. Even at the altar, something seemed very different. I have no other way to describe it, other than a wet blanket. Worship was beautiful and sweet; but I can tell that this year will be nothing like the others. There is a SOBER reality this year. If you came to get drunk, giggle, and shake.. then you have missed the heart of what will be happening this year. There is a calling at Texas Ablaze this year. I recommend anyone who feels even the slightest tug to go.. TO GO! I have been every year for 3 years now (maybe more, can't remember)... but this year is SO DIFFERENT! I believe it's going to rain. The atmosphere is like the quiet before a storm. I hear the rumblings of thunder. Not just fun and games.
After worship, John Kilpatrick spoke. After listening to him, I realized why the Lord prompted me to come a day earlier than I intended. The prophetic word he gave was so INTENSELY profound. The information so critical. He also shared a prophetic dream that calls us to prayer. I have decided to write out my notes in my next blog, so no one will be without this information. As many of you know, Pastor Kilpatrick is the pastor of the Brownsville Assemblies of God which had the Brownsville Revival . It was an honor to hear this man speak. His personal testimony brought me to tears. His mother raised him after his father left. He was her youngest and only son. I looked at him and saw my own son. The personal effect of hearing him speak was tremendous. God does a most excellent job at raising fatherless sons. I watched him and new it to be certain. It healed a deep place of pain in my heart to know my son will be a mighty man of God; and, that standing for my convictions in Christ will see it's reward.
Pastor Kilpatrick's notes to come.
Blessings All!
PS
This morning I asked the Lord if He will allow me to carry His heart. ((what an odd thing to pray))but it is an honest request. I cry at the thought of people dieing and not knowing His heart.If I could show just ONE thing to the world, I would choose to show His Heart. That alone would untangle the tangled; and melt all the wax.
When I entered I could sense where the conference would be held. I found it funny, like a mouse smelling cheese I had a KNOWING of where a room full of believers were hanging out and made my way straight there. Upon entering, I was surprised by how the room was set up to appear almost exactly as it appeared in the civic center. Seating in the center. Platform to the far left and long tables along the back full of materials. I walked along the back tables to see what all was being marketed and felt the similar uncomfortable feeling I usually get when looking at merchandise being sold at the place of worship. I wondered if Jesus would overturn the tables? Or buy some soaking music? I am really not sure. I have purchased life changing, encouraging, and valuable tools at these tables before. Surely, this is a good thing. Perhaps I would have more peace about it if it were outside the room.
OH well.. to move on. AS I walked through the room, I noticed being a half an hour early really made no difference. Just about all the seats were taken. I browsed for familiar faces and came across a few, but also missed MANY that were not there this year. There was an advantage to being alone; it was not too difficult to find a single empty chair. I sat between 2 sweet women; both of which looked like they were in their late 60's and quite opposite. To my right was a HEAVY drinker who stayed in the crunchies the entire time.. and waiving and laying hands and giggling and LOVING.. I thought it was wonderful! To my left, was the ever conservative, gentle, proper, and also LOVING woman, I thought she was wonderful too. I do believe I found the very best seat in the house.
As service began, I noticed such a big difference from the past Texas Ablaze meetings. I tried to stay at my seat during worship, but it was far too distracting. I had to go to the altar. Even at the altar, something seemed very different. I have no other way to describe it, other than a wet blanket. Worship was beautiful and sweet; but I can tell that this year will be nothing like the others. There is a SOBER reality this year. If you came to get drunk, giggle, and shake.. then you have missed the heart of what will be happening this year. There is a calling at Texas Ablaze this year. I recommend anyone who feels even the slightest tug to go.. TO GO! I have been every year for 3 years now (maybe more, can't remember)... but this year is SO DIFFERENT! I believe it's going to rain. The atmosphere is like the quiet before a storm. I hear the rumblings of thunder. Not just fun and games.
After worship, John Kilpatrick spoke. After listening to him, I realized why the Lord prompted me to come a day earlier than I intended. The prophetic word he gave was so INTENSELY profound. The information so critical. He also shared a prophetic dream that calls us to prayer. I have decided to write out my notes in my next blog, so no one will be without this information. As many of you know, Pastor Kilpatrick is the pastor of the Brownsville Assemblies of God which had the Brownsville Revival . It was an honor to hear this man speak. His personal testimony brought me to tears. His mother raised him after his father left. He was her youngest and only son. I looked at him and saw my own son. The personal effect of hearing him speak was tremendous. God does a most excellent job at raising fatherless sons. I watched him and new it to be certain. It healed a deep place of pain in my heart to know my son will be a mighty man of God; and, that standing for my convictions in Christ will see it's reward.
Pastor Kilpatrick's notes to come.
Blessings All!
PS
This morning I asked the Lord if He will allow me to carry His heart. ((what an odd thing to pray))but it is an honest request. I cry at the thought of people dieing and not knowing His heart.If I could show just ONE thing to the world, I would choose to show His Heart. That alone would untangle the tangled; and melt all the wax.
Comments