
When I look through the pictures
of friends & families of long ago
my heart is deeply yearning
for more than what was once a show
I thought they were my friends
family that would never disappear
I thought since eternity we shared
they would always be so near.
I look in to their eyes
and feel the strong rejection
of words spoken so harsh
and the end to all their affection
Daddy, you know how I miss them
How I wish their faces would shine
How once I thought they knew me
And the relationship seemed so divine
To be accepted then rejected
thrown out and discarded
I ask you Daddy once again
Will you heal the hard-hearted?
Will you speak to them, Daddy?
Will you tell them I'm not so bad?
Will you tell them my love for you
Is the only fault that I truly had.
Lies came in and separated me from their path.
Slander, gossip & confusion created a tremendous gap
I am left here on the other side
Glancing at them from afar.
Daddy will you tell them
That I love them for who they are.
Comments