
A new friend sent me this picture yesterday. I printed it out and had a flood of emotion while looking at it. It is such a precious image. It's odd because, I just told a group of friends the other night that "I am just a baby". Someone spoke up and said.. "no you're not"; but I really felt like he didn't understand. The closer I come to knowing God the more I feel like a little infant. It's not the same as being immature. It's a matter of being TOTALLY dependent on Him and really not caring about impressing people any more. Life is teaching me that it does no good being too big for my britches all the time. In church, in worship, in my personal walk .. I always see myself as a baby with so much to learn. The more I learn the more I see that there is more to learn which leads me to further acknowledgment of my "smallness". This picture really lets me SEE, that the least of these is the greatest in the Kingdom. It's funny how totally opposite the kingdom of God is to this world. Only when your mind is upside down and inside out can you get a grasp of what it means to be a child of God. I thank Jesus for giving us His mind through the Holy Spirit, without Him; it would be impossible to know Our Father, His love or His ways.
Comments