
I find often as I take my time with life by NOT getting a ton of credit cards (actually I don't even have one) and NOT getting a mortgage or a loan(except for my student loans.. ugh); that it takes ALOT more time to build a life that is worth even looking at. Though I have VERY LITTLE, I own everything I have. My bank account skims the surface and most people would be terrified to live off of the low balances I live off of. But when you pay cash for everything, it costs you NOW, not later and it shows.
I find a certain piousness that comes from people who have what they consider as "wealth". I have been on the down side of many noses. You don't know how often I hear, "why don't you just charge it?" When I say I don't have a credit card they look at me as though I have leprosy. Oh well. Or, "with what you make, why don't you live in a better house or drive a better car?" (YES SOMEONE has actually asked me that!) My answer, I will have them WHEN I can afford to PAY for them and no sooner.
No, I choose not to pay for fancy things and I do occasionally get hit with NSF charges because I refuse the bank's credit card that will "cover" the negative balance. Call me a fanatic, but I honestly believe I deserve that charge for being so dumb as to spend money before I make it.
I believe when it is all said and done. This poor little girl living in a trailer and living BELOW her means; will some day have her house of bricks done and strong enough to stand any big bad wolf or economic disaster. A debt free life is my long range goal; in the mean time, I do without.
Comments