I sit here at my desk, with a pile of work all around.. bend my head.. close my eyes.. and say,
Holy Spirit, I am connected to the vine. Help me to sense the vine. Increase my sensitivity to the vine, fill me with the pulse of the vine. And tell me what to say.
A tiny feather floats across my view and on to my telephone. I pick it up.. put it on something black, and try to take a picture of it with my cell camera. It just comes out as a little white string. As I still have it in my screen and trying to adjust the zoom for something a little more detailed, then it disappears totally from view.
2 possibilities:
1. I was breathing hard enough to accidentally blow it away and can't find it now
2. It went back to where it came from.
Regret:
Now I just wish I at least took a picture of the string resolution good/or bad.
It's not my first mystery feather. I see them quite often now (mostly at home). They always look the same. There is a characteristic stem in the center and what protrudes from the stem, looks more like fine fur than the hard quills of a regular feather.
Are they angel feathers?
In a sterile office building behind my computer desk; not quite a bird conducive environment. Tell me what else could it be?
In the mean time. . . why NOT an angel feather?
I know they exist.. and I know they love to mess with me on a regular basis. Not just me.. but people that hang around me long enough.
A few months ago, I told a coworker about how angels like playing with me during the day, how they dance with me on Sundays, give me jello knees, or pull on my arms and hands sometimes. She listened intently.. (especially after seeing my see thru trees picture on my screen saver). I left my work station to get some coffee from the kitchen. She said a minute or so after I left, my chair started swinging back and forth. She took off to the kitchen and asked me not to leave her alone with my angels anymore. :D.. hehehe... (I am so sure they were laughing)..
The truth is, I pray for Heaven on Earth on a regular basis. I explained to the Holy Spirit that I don't want to have to physically die to see the members of my resident home. I told Him I am homesick. I asked Him to bring Heaven to me and to introduce me to its fellow inhabitants so I will know them very well, BEFORE I die. Even though I have not out right seen or spoken to an angel. I know they are with me. I know they LOVE hanging out with me. It really doesn't matter if anyone believes me. If anyone spends time with me long enough, they begin to sense and know their presence too. The surprise on the faces of the ones that encounter heaven for the first time, is priceless.
I suppose what I am trying to say is, if you are aware of the great cloud of witnesses (all eternity is watching) around you; you will begin living in a way to accommodate them. You will want to make sure heaven is comfortable being around you. It's a good way to live. The fear of the Lord, is an awareness of Him constantly. It is more awe, than fear.
I think they are going to enjoy skydiving with me tomorrow morning :D

I thank my Father, for what His angels do on my behalf, while I walk on unaware. Protecting my destiny... protecting my purpose.. protecting my assignment... guarding His temple.
Holy Spirit, I am connected to the vine. Help me to sense the vine. Increase my sensitivity to the vine, fill me with the pulse of the vine. And tell me what to say.
A tiny feather floats across my view and on to my telephone. I pick it up.. put it on something black, and try to take a picture of it with my cell camera. It just comes out as a little white string. As I still have it in my screen and trying to adjust the zoom for something a little more detailed, then it disappears totally from view.
2 possibilities:
1. I was breathing hard enough to accidentally blow it away and can't find it now
2. It went back to where it came from.
Regret:
Now I just wish I at least took a picture of the string resolution good/or bad.
It's not my first mystery feather. I see them quite often now (mostly at home). They always look the same. There is a characteristic stem in the center and what protrudes from the stem, looks more like fine fur than the hard quills of a regular feather.
Are they angel feathers?
In a sterile office building behind my computer desk; not quite a bird conducive environment. Tell me what else could it be?
In the mean time. . . why NOT an angel feather?
I know they exist.. and I know they love to mess with me on a regular basis. Not just me.. but people that hang around me long enough.
A few months ago, I told a coworker about how angels like playing with me during the day, how they dance with me on Sundays, give me jello knees, or pull on my arms and hands sometimes. She listened intently.. (especially after seeing my see thru trees picture on my screen saver). I left my work station to get some coffee from the kitchen. She said a minute or so after I left, my chair started swinging back and forth. She took off to the kitchen and asked me not to leave her alone with my angels anymore. :D.. hehehe... (I am so sure they were laughing)..
The truth is, I pray for Heaven on Earth on a regular basis. I explained to the Holy Spirit that I don't want to have to physically die to see the members of my resident home. I told Him I am homesick. I asked Him to bring Heaven to me and to introduce me to its fellow inhabitants so I will know them very well, BEFORE I die. Even though I have not out right seen or spoken to an angel. I know they are with me. I know they LOVE hanging out with me. It really doesn't matter if anyone believes me. If anyone spends time with me long enough, they begin to sense and know their presence too. The surprise on the faces of the ones that encounter heaven for the first time, is priceless.
I suppose what I am trying to say is, if you are aware of the great cloud of witnesses (all eternity is watching) around you; you will begin living in a way to accommodate them. You will want to make sure heaven is comfortable being around you. It's a good way to live. The fear of the Lord, is an awareness of Him constantly. It is more awe, than fear.
I think they are going to enjoy skydiving with me tomorrow morning :D

I thank my Father, for what His angels do on my behalf, while I walk on unaware. Protecting my destiny... protecting my purpose.. protecting my assignment... guarding His temple.
Comments