
I am coming to a stage in life.. when I am understanding why Kind David did not go after Saul. Why even cutting Saul's robe hurt him deeply. I am learning about honor & authority.
There often comes a time where our appointed growth exceeds those with physical authority over us. This is when you learn about what it means to be meek.
Meek is not WEAK.. it is strength under control. I have to face men in authority every day. In most cases, their emotional & spiritual development is challenged. God has taught me to keep my mouth shut (unless He tells me to speak) and to HONOR them with my meekness. Even when their weakness is glaring me in the face, I am to say nothing. Even when they are puffed up with pride and pouring out humiliation, I remain silent. I have learned, for me to speak; would shame them, for them to be shamed, would shame the Kingdom. The Kingdom of God comes first before my ego, before how I may appear to others.
Even when a son becomes strong.. even stronger than his own father (when his father has aged). The son is NEVER to overpower his father. This is how it is with authority. We must honor the position even more than the man. When the man is flawed, we take it to the ultimate authority and have HIM address it, from the top down. It's the only way to live.
In time & with patience, his honor, will become yours. For only those under authority, will be permitted to have authority.
5 Now it happened afterward that David’s heart troubled him because he had cut Saul’s robe. 6 And he said to his men, “The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my master, the LORD’s anointed, to stretch out my hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.” ~1 Samuel 24:5&6.. I encourage you to read through vs 22.
Comments