
There is such a tremendous disadvantage to not being known. It takes a lot of time to REALLY know someone. But I do believe that there can be a quicker process of determining if someone is a healthy individual or not.
During meditation, I came up with 5 categories that need to be balanced (the level of these balances determines the level of health). To overemphasize, under emphasize or neglect any ONE, is an indicator of a blockage and the need for healing.
1. Physical
2. Mental/emotional
3. Social
4. Financial
5. Spiritual
For the sake of example, I will subject myself to the test.
1. Physical – I am physically fit, ideal weight, exercise (yet not obsessively) and I do it for myself… not to appease anyone.
2. Mental/emotional- smarter than the average bear (Golden Key International Honors Society- TriBeta Delta Tau Chapter Biological Honors Society) through Senior year of Biology/Chemistry degree. (Even though I am very intelligent, I have been working on not being too naive.) I am direct in my communications (sometimes uncomfortably so). Have no fears or phobias. Have no addictions. Do not drink (except if there is an occasion), smoke, or do drugs. I use nothing to escape or numb pain; rather, I choose to face it and walk through it. I do not try to please people; nor impress them. I am honest with myself, my friends, and God. I do not cling to people, or become overly dependent; nor am I cold and distant with them. I have removed defense mechanism within relationships and choose to stay vulnerable and real. Once again, connected to not being fearful, I am not jealous or insecure or afraid of losing/gaining people in my life. I have a positive view of myself and expect the very best of others. I also believe that I am to have a good life full of positive experiences.
3. Social – I have a strong small group of chore friends that know everything about me. People I trust and lean on and support. I have accountability through a mentor whom I admire greatly. And I have many good friends that have known me for 20+ years. I rarely burn bridges (if ever).I have many who accept me for who I am and I am free to be myself. I am consistent about who I am and give and receive love freely.
4. Financial – I have held and maintained a very good job for several years. My pay is comfortable and I am able to provide support for my family and 2 others (my goal is many more). I do not have many material possessions and choose to live below my means in order to have more to give to others. I am very generous, without neglecting myself or my children. I believe in tithing and have practiced the principals of tithing for years. I am not afraid of being without. I do not believe I will EVER be without.
5. Spiritual – I have a strong spiritual connection with my creator. I have a healthy perspective of God and see Him as loving and caring. I take and set aside a lot of time to care for my spirit. I have all my growth and development in this area checked by the boundaries of God’s written word, without the religious extreme of being judgmental, or controlling of others. I believe LOVE to be the most valuable pursuit in life; ie. To love God and others.
After reviewing my list, I thought of how sad it is, that people assume the worst of each other. Especially when you profess a strong spiritual walk or relationship with Jesus Christ... many people automatically assume that you are imbalanced or that you have checked your brain out at the door. So many hurting, broken people damaging one another and developing shells and fortresses of defense. When will we stop to really see and love.
Now discern me.. measure me.. I welcome you to. Take a self examination.
Corporately, discern the body ...(1 Cor 11:28-30)& pursue health.
Once done, take ALL five stones in your hand.. face that Philistine (Non covenant) Giant.. and watch him FALL because you are now flowing WITH God, not against Him.
Comments
Thank you
Debra
Women helping Women
Today's Natural Woman