
Sleep
How much do I really need it?
The stack at work is huge.
The pile at home is enormous.
My relationship with God is quiet.
Actually the Holy Spirit has been quiet for a month now.
I miss hearing His voice, but I imagine He is loving me from a distance.
He knows me well enough, to give me space when I am in pain.
But I know He's there. And I know He will crack me open and sooth the broken places.
I am battling hardness right now.
It's something that is coming to me trying to tell me - to become hard, is the only way I can manage the pain.
Although a portion of that is true, I have to function after all, and it does no good for me to crumble.
But I can't lose my emotion to hardness.
I have to learn to accept pain and not push it away.
I have to learn to walk with it and through it.
I have to learn to sleep despite of it.
Comments