How do you know if your relationship has substance?
When you continue to love, even when the other is silent.
Am I begging God for something?
No
Am I desperate to hear His voice?
Not really.
Do I feel let down or abandoned?
Not at all.
I trust Him
and I love Him
Not for what He can or does do for me.
Not for the goosebumps I get when His presence is tangible and electric.
Not for the many answered prayers and financial miracles.
Not for the moments where my belly quivers and I seem to know things that no one else can see.
No, I love Him because He exists.
I love Him because He is the only being in the entire universe that truly deserves to be loved.
You don't have to speak, Lord
You don't have to move,
You don't have to reach down and rescue me.
It's ok,
I'm here,
and I am yours.
This alone is enough to last my lifetime.
This alone is what keeps me faithful.
Everything else is sheer luxury.
Everything else is abundance.
Thank you, Lord
For trusting me enough
To be silent when I am in pain.
To show me my own heart
To show me that I won't run, or turn my back.
To show me, how much I really and truly LOVE You!
~Amen~
When you continue to love, even when the other is silent.
Am I begging God for something?
No
Am I desperate to hear His voice?
Not really.
Do I feel let down or abandoned?
Not at all.
I trust Him
and I love Him
Not for what He can or does do for me.
Not for the goosebumps I get when His presence is tangible and electric.
Not for the many answered prayers and financial miracles.
Not for the moments where my belly quivers and I seem to know things that no one else can see.
No, I love Him because He exists.
I love Him because He is the only being in the entire universe that truly deserves to be loved.
You don't have to speak, Lord
You don't have to move,
You don't have to reach down and rescue me.
It's ok,
I'm here,
and I am yours.
This alone is enough to last my lifetime.
This alone is what keeps me faithful.
Everything else is sheer luxury.
Everything else is abundance.
Thank you, Lord
For trusting me enough
To be silent when I am in pain.
To show me my own heart
To show me that I won't run, or turn my back.
To show me, how much I really and truly LOVE You!
~Amen~
Comments