In the wake of sleep and slumber
Comes a time when you begin to wonder
what is real and what is false
what will last when all is lost
I find in the depths of my inner being
Something rests that once was sleeping
Reality
Secret friends that will not reveal
that hide away from what I feel
They perch they preen they flutter about
But do they really have a clue of why I doubt
Friendships real or false they be
It's all pretend, for show you see
Show how much they pretend to love
Show how much they know His love
Validation of existence through relationships unseen
Pursuit of the heart that is not truly clean.
Spiritual ambition is mine no more
for I see now, there is no love at the chore.
~Cherstin Molle Jiron
___________________________________________________

I never felt more like Jesus,
then when I was sitting at a bar in Costa Rica
Watching my dad's friends get drunk
Enjoying their company - full of laughter
And Driving them safely home :)
Loving them with all my heart.
Only after I was willing to walk with them
Did I see God heal 3 of them,
Did I see God reveal himself to 1 of them.
IT has to be real for it to be REAL.
__________________________________________________________
How many of us are nothing more than spiritual prostitutes
Only bothering to get to know people so we can "save" them
Just for another notch on our salvation bed post;
Then disregard them for "the Church" to tend to.
How many prostitutes only get to know you to see if you are of any spiritual worth
and if you do not measure up by the "who you know" standards.
Put you on the shelf because your hardly worth the time.
Prostitutes looking for the anointing,seeking it to rub off on them
So they too can show "signs, wonders, and miracles" and gain a sense of self worth.
"Do you want to feel important?" Than talk about your relationship with Jesus and HE will make you look like you've really got it together.
Ah well, I better just be quiet now; before someone tries to come over and cast a demon out of me or something.Or better yet, just talk about the demon and tell people I'm contagious - that's always fun.
Comes a time when you begin to wonder
what is real and what is false
what will last when all is lost
I find in the depths of my inner being
Something rests that once was sleeping
Reality
Secret friends that will not reveal
that hide away from what I feel
They perch they preen they flutter about
But do they really have a clue of why I doubt
Friendships real or false they be
It's all pretend, for show you see
Show how much they pretend to love
Show how much they know His love
Validation of existence through relationships unseen
Pursuit of the heart that is not truly clean.
Spiritual ambition is mine no more
for I see now, there is no love at the chore.
~Cherstin Molle Jiron
___________________________________________________
I never felt more like Jesus,
then when I was sitting at a bar in Costa Rica
Watching my dad's friends get drunk
Enjoying their company - full of laughter
And Driving them safely home :)
Loving them with all my heart.
Only after I was willing to walk with them
Did I see God heal 3 of them,
Did I see God reveal himself to 1 of them.
IT has to be real for it to be REAL.
__________________________________________________________
How many of us are nothing more than spiritual prostitutes
Only bothering to get to know people so we can "save" them
Just for another notch on our salvation bed post;
Then disregard them for "the Church" to tend to.
How many prostitutes only get to know you to see if you are of any spiritual worth
and if you do not measure up by the "who you know" standards.
Put you on the shelf because your hardly worth the time.
Prostitutes looking for the anointing,seeking it to rub off on them
So they too can show "signs, wonders, and miracles" and gain a sense of self worth.
"Do you want to feel important?" Than talk about your relationship with Jesus and HE will make you look like you've really got it together.
Ah well, I better just be quiet now; before someone tries to come over and cast a demon out of me or something.Or better yet, just talk about the demon and tell people I'm contagious - that's always fun.
Comments