
Be picky about who you allow to lead you. Better to follow the Holy Spirit than a person going astray or dragging their heals.
Been hearing alot about spiritual authority, loyalty and "following the leader".
I hear, "it is a rebellious generation" that will not submit to leadership.
hmmmm.... what if leadership has not been earned?
The reason why no one wants to follow.. is because so few have the character that qualify them to lead.
The bible mentions the centurion with great faith, that understood leadership and authority.
He said (paraphrased), "I SEE you are under authority and have authority; THEREFORE, just speak it and my servant will be healed."
Jesus said (paraphrased), "I do what I SEE my Father doing, and speak what HE is saying.
We have to SEE the authority of the Holy Spirit FIRST in a person's life and in our own; before we walk behind him and line up with him. Otherwise, the blind are leading the blind and demanding that their leadership be honored, demanding loyalty, and demanding "no questions asked"- my way or the highway. I find it frightening. I will not follow just anyone. I do not care about titles, position, or self appointed glory - I am looking for Jesus. If I don't see HIM... than I don't see a leader.
I am NOT disloyal. I am faithful to the Kingdom of God.
I am NOT rebellious, I am single minded and not for sale.
I am NOT contrary, I just refuse to walk in blind obedience.
I suppose this is why I did not make a very good, "submissive", passive, turn the other cheek kind of wife. Not sure, but I guess it's a possibility.
Comments