
Cut so far back I can hardly breath
Though light is near I can barely see
When life has changed in so many ways
How can I possibly get where I need to go?
How do I adapt to the ebb and flow?
Awoken in the wee hours of the day
He comes to spend time with me
My spirit longs to pray
What do I possibly say to the King of the Universe?
What profound phrase could I ever utter?
There is nothing inside of me hidden to His sight
There is no pain or struggle that I can begin to fight.
All comes whether ordered or not
All I can do is trust in what I've been taught.
It's like ready or not here I come
Ready or not this is the one
You need to get ready to see what I see
You need to get ready because I'm about to set you free
Freedom? from what? I can hardly understand
I thought I was fine and walking within your plan?
Why show me my captivity
I thought I was alright?
I liked the delusion of being well in my own sight.
Why show me that, "there is more I must pursue."
Why show me that, "I am too weak and dependent on you?"
Why show me that, "there is no way I can be
everything that they say that You see in me."
Why show me the lies I so frequently tell
In the deep part of my heart, in my own private hell?
Faulty I am, but perfected I will become
Because the work you began, it is already done.
Just prune my heart and take out what is not yours
Prune my life and remove the illusions and sensations
What the bible does call, those vain imaginations.
I surrender it all
Surrender to Your Hand
Surrender my life, mind and body
To the destiny you have planned.
~Cherstin Molle Jiron
Comments