After my work out yesterday, I had Lauren take this picture (I know it's blurry). I have decided to start tracking my progress. But the results I am seeing so far are astounding. In just 3 months I have not lost an ounce of weight! But the fat is coming off as if it were never there in the first place. Not only do I feel healthier and happier; but I have energy and can go for LONG days without being exhausted. My body is coming closer to where I want it to be, before living in Costa Rica. Those of you that know my vision; know that I intend to go to Costa Rica to live in a couple of years. When I set this as my goal, I also looked at what it was going to take to get me there; and what I intend to do when I get there. I WILL be climbing mountains in the Rain Forrest with Jorge Poveda and I will NOT be slowing him down. I will also have a women's ministry that will teach women to live independent, whole lives, directly connected to God. I intend to teach women self defense, soaking/meditation, and inner healing. I will introduce them to the authentic love of the Father that supersedes all things and how God's hand can be a woman's covering.
I am also VERY aware that such an endeavor does not come without a cost. I am measuring the cost and sometimes what I see really hurts.
If some of you wonder why I worship without restraint, why I dance (even if I am alone) or why I run around the church when I am lead; don't mistake me for some SUPER spiritual zealot that knows nothing about the human condition. I KNOW my weaknesses, and I know that there are many many many many more qualified than me to change the world (one life at a time). But frankly, I just happen to have nothing to lose that is greater than what can be gained. I risk being misunderstood. I risk being lonely. I risk being put in a "church lady" box. I risk being lied about and gossiped about. I risk the snapping jaws of many people looking at my life and secretly hoping I will somehow fail and be "human". Geesh, I even overcame the fear of failure all together. It is a comfort to know you are not perfect. A GREAT comfort.
But I am pursuing the race, the dream God put in my soul: to set women free and give them something tremendous to live for!
Comments