
by Cherstin Molle Jiron
Wounded, wounded, wounded
Do you see my pain?
Can you see beneath the layers
of the smile that overcame the shame?
Can you see how I hurt
From places that are so deep?
Can you see how much I hurt
For all the desires I could not keep?
When we come to know the Father
Do we walk away from living
Do we not bleed, hurt, and feel
or does everything become unreal
Why not admit
That things are not perfect
Why not confess
That life is tough at best?
Why put up the facade
That Christianity is bliss
When on a battlefield we cry
Are targeted and betrayed with a kiss?
Bah, forget the mask
Forget the make believe game
Forget the pretend
and the show that projects an image
The image is but an idol
an evil thing to behold
when you pretend to be more than you are
when you pretend to be what you are told
What does perfect look like
That's what I will be
What does perfect look like
That's what you will see
bah,
Wounded, wounded wounded
Can you see how I hurt
what I try to walk away from
what I try to keep in sync
when I try to seek a good road
to only find, I'm cheap?
Wounded wounded wounded
can you see how disappointed I am?
When I know I can do so much better
When I know that I am meant for the impossible places
But still walk like I forgot to tie my shoe laces
Tripping, falling, in so much pain
I stand up to walk yet again..
So small
So tiny
just a speck of dust
So small
So tiny
Just a flower that will fade
So small
So tiny
How can I possibly expect to reach
The place in my heart, where I can finally teach
The dream of tomorrow
that yesterday they did tell
The dream of being past this place
Far away from the path to hell.
Open my mouth to speak
Make me real enough to seek
Make my words be true
Increase my love for You!
Strip me of the phony stuff
That all the people can tell
Even if I don't fit in with a click
I would rather go to hell
Than be stuck in a cycle
of thinking all is fine
ignoring the hurting people
Pretending I am in a better place
Because I walk inside a steeple.
bah,
wounded, wounded, wounded
broken, broken, broken
yielded, yielded, yielded.
Better than no one
We are all one and the same
If anything good comes from my life
It's because Jesus knows my name.
Comments