
I've been here for over 12 hours now. Alone in the office building. And at least another 2 hours of work in front of me. How do I feel? VERY alone. No one to care if I stay up late. No one to bring me a cup of coffee. No one cheering me on. Alone.
Now I know...
For every niche, there is loneliness.
The more responsible I get.. the less I have around me to share the responsibility.
Responsibility...
A hard word to swallow.
For me, it's the biggest word of my life. God has given me MUCH to care for.. SO MUCH. I am beginning to understand the race now. I am beginning to understand that often when we push for a higher place.. we have to sacrifice a lower life. No buddies, no drinking, no partying, no dating, no ease... pressing, pressing, pressing.. to be a better person than my mother.. and set a higher platform for my children to leap from. Loneliness is a small price to pay for such a goal.
Right?
Comments