
This weekend a lady saw me and Zoe at Krogers. We ended up on the same isle (in front of the dish washing soap to be exact). She was heading my direction and literally turned her buggy around, looked over her shoulder and quickly said, "Hi Cher, doing some late night shopping?" and raced around the corner.
At the time, Zoe and I were having a SERIOUS conversation about life and boys and dads. She had been crying and I had been feeling the weight of her life decisions. When Zoe saw the woman's odd behavior she asked me, "didn't she used to go to Grace International?".
My response, "Yes, honey she did."
A pause to ponder the fact that a person was actually RUNNING from me.
Then we laughed so hard my face was sore and our sides were hurting.
It was a great relief - we really needed something to break the mood.
Zoe sees every day the price I pay for following and listening to God and allowing myself to be misunderstood; even to the point of having people run from me in public.
I am so grateful that we can laugh!
You have not truly lived until you get to be Jesus' falsely accused "Jezebel" for a day.
Comments