
As I sit here with spanish channel running in the background (my son likes the way it sounds) and a house is sore need of attention, my mint cappuccino coffee at midday and Roman Noodle soup on the stove (also, my sons favorite); I am struck with the reality of lose. I make friends and lose them (where did they go?). I spent too much time trying to find you. After high school I walked away from such a huge group of wonderful girls and now am wondering how you are? Maryann Franey, I miss your mom's pancakes and our midnight toilet paper adventures and monkey walking down the roads in the moonlight. Vicky Christopher, I miss your pretty blond hair and the way you were always one step ahead of me in every social way. You and Becky Perry always had me wondering how close was too close between girls and why I was never comfortable with the "too close" moments you guys seem to have no issue with. Was I over sensitive? I envied your free spirit. Kari Williams are you and Dax still married? Are you happy? Dax are you still a policeman? Kari are you a mommy? Suzanne Johnson and Andrew Wong are you guys doing ok? Suzanne, are you a nurse now? Andrew are you an engineer raising beautiful children? I will never forget your sweet, genuine smile. Maggie Johnson (Mackejewski) are you still married to your Jr. High Sweetheart? Are you happy with your doggies (children). Do you remember the time in my life that you were my one and only friend? Kim Lemmo, how are you doing since your mom passed away. Are you ok?Chris Picado, last I heard from you; you were a captain in the MARINES! Are you married with children now? How are you? I miss your "space invasion". I miss your laugh (unusually loud) and I miss your ham and cheese sandwiches that had mayonnaise on the meat only so as to not make the bread soggy.. what wisdom :). Jennifer Kendall, I miss you the most. We were best friends for as long as I can remember. Last I heard you married an army man and you're living in Germany. sigh.. just to see you again would do my heart so much good.
So much lose, but I still go on. I have learned now.. that money can go. Houses can go. Jewelry can go. But the REAL losers are the ones that lose touch with friends.
Comments