
During my quiet time this morning, I asked Jesus about this GREAT revival I am seeing, hearing and even went to experience. What is going on? When I was there, I did not sense His presence in a way that I expected. All of it felt so different, I began to wonder if I was looking at a King with out any clothes.
But the miracles were evident and so many of the people appeared genuine (while MANY did not). What is going on?
Then I got an image of Dumbo the flying elephant. The mouse knew that Dumbo could fly (when he was drunk); but, had a hard time convincing Dumbo it could be done. So the mouse got the "magic" feather.
I looked at the analogy as it pertains to the revival in Lakeland, Florida. We have EVERYTHING we need for the miraculous to happen in our day to day lives. But it is hard to convince us of it. Lakeland increases our faith. (If we can just get our sick loved ones there) If we can just "get some" of the glory- THEN- we can walk in the supernatural (ie fly).
What happens if we lose the feather?
Won't we be able to see that we had ALL we needed all along to walk as Jesus did here on earth?
I thank God for the feather that is even making people WANT to fly in the first place. The feather that encourages us to step out and actually make an AFFECT on our circles of influence. I am glad for the feather for showing us what we have inside of us.
But it's NOT the feather that makes Dumbo fly. And it's NOT Lakeland that is bringing about the miraculous. It is the HOLY deposit within. It is Jesus via the Holy Spirit.
When the feather is lost?
How many will still have the courage to fly?
I wonder?
Comments