I remember as a kid, I used to love Candy Land. It was my all-time favorite game! The older I get the more I begin to realize that Candy Land is more truth than fiction. There have been so many times in my life where I feel like I am going along well. When things seem to be flowing and I have a strong sense of "I've got this!" rumbling in my belly.
But suddenly the wrong card always seems to be drawn. And either I get STUCK somewhere where I don't want to be; or, I get pushed all the way back to a point at the beginning of my path. Every now and then there is a Rainbow Trail to give me hope... but all in all.. making it to the King's Castle seems to be an all-out war against myself.
I suppose I mention this because I am now facing a gumdrop slide back. I am looking at another failed relationship. I am looking at starting counseling (yet again) to figure out what exactly is wrong with me??? and more inner healing guru journeys and codependency classes... sigh.
For all my passion, and connection, and life experiences; I am still looking at one very basic reality. When I gamble on a man to love, I usually lose.
But suddenly the wrong card always seems to be drawn. And either I get STUCK somewhere where I don't want to be; or, I get pushed all the way back to a point at the beginning of my path. Every now and then there is a Rainbow Trail to give me hope... but all in all.. making it to the King's Castle seems to be an all-out war against myself.I suppose I mention this because I am now facing a gumdrop slide back. I am looking at another failed relationship. I am looking at starting counseling (yet again) to figure out what exactly is wrong with me??? and more inner healing guru journeys and codependency classes... sigh.
For all my passion, and connection, and life experiences; I am still looking at one very basic reality. When I gamble on a man to love, I usually lose.
Comments