
As a woman, one of the hardest times I have as a single woman is with beauty. There are days when I feel SO beautiful (I'm not talking just about outer beauty, but something deeper) ... These days are when I miss having someone to share that beauty with. I suspect it is similar to a man and his strength, not sure though.
The worst part of being a single, American, Christian woman is the pressure to hide your beauty, in case you should happen to be considered ATTRACTive. Because to attract is almost equivalent to seduction, which is sensuously evil, which is ungodly...(a summation of assumptions, not my beliefs). Before you know it, you dare not leave the house with make up, all your shirts are baggy, and your jeans have a nice square look to them in order to keep a man's imagination at bay (I kept this stage up for 2 or 3 years).
You would be surprised how much beauty is despised by men and women in the Christian community. I believe it to be a knee jerk reaction to so many of our brothers being ensnared by pornography and the wounding it is causing in their lives and the ones that love them.
Lord, release the beautiful within. Anoint Your women to shine. Restore what the enemy has stolen. Bring Life in Jesus Name.
Comments