
I have felt yuck all day... perhaps an emotional hangover from crying til 2am last night over the memories of my dad. During times like these you can't help but get frank with God. Today I asked about His Comforter and why it seems like I CAN'T be comforted. Then I had a flashback of when I would hurt myself as a kid (often while doing TOO much on my bike). When my "comforter" would come (often one of my parents). I remembered how the pain DIDN'T go away when they held me. As my comforter, they did not magically make the pain disappear; but rather, they just held me and stayed close, THROUGH the pain. The Holy Spirit IS our comforter; sometimes He is there in a tangible way to hold you close when you are hurt. But sometimes He sends friends to hold you on His behalf. I was in TREMENDOUS amount of pain last night... but I WAS comforted.
Today is the 2 month anniversary of my dad's death. I love you, daddy; and I am missing you every day. But you and God have raised me to take this pain; and, in time, make something beautiful.
Comments