
Last week when I went to see Kim Clement in Huntsville, I ran in to some of the members of my previous church. I came in late and the row with available seats sat me right in front of a couple that were once my dearest friends. I would visit them at their home often. They would watch Caleb for me a couple of times and we even had Thanksgiving together a couple of years ago. When I saw them my heart reached out to hug them and love them. I miss them so much. Instead of being happy to see me, the reception I received from them was nothing less than horrified. The look of shock was noticeably pronounced in their eyes when I turned around to greet them. THEN when I went to hug them; immediately the husband stuck his hand out to shake mine. I looked down at his hand and said "what is this, I can't hug you?" He said, "NO!" But (something came over me) I grabbed the top of his shoulders with both my hands and pulled his head down to speak in to his ear. I said, "Bless you" and did the same to his wife, then turned around and worshiped our Lord with Kim Clement. Laura and Jorge came with me to see Kim. Because of the seating they sat in the row behind it all. They were both amazed by what they had witnessed. Laura later told me that it was the same response someone would give a dog with mange. That was the best description I have heard so far. I live in the same town as most the members of that church. Even when members see me in the grocery store isle they literally start to run to get away from me (I promise I am not exaggerating. The last time it happened Zoe was with me (only 2 months ago) and after we laughed for a little while because, what can you do but laugh, she told me that she was proud of me for listening to the Holy Spirit over man, despite the pain of rejection I have to go through. My children walked the whole way with me and know the truth. They know what it means to count the cost of having personal convictions.
Comments