
Friday Night I was awoken by my 5 year old son. He asked me if I wanted to hear a secret. I said sure. He told me that the "moon follows the sun but the star stays still"; then he closed his eyes and fell asleep. I made a mental note to NEVER forget what he said and have been spending the past few days pondering over it. It's a pretty heavy thing for a 5 year old to say. To my knowledge, he knows nothing about navigation and the North Star; but that is immediately what I thought of. I wonder what he was trying to tell me? Or what God was trying to tell him. It's a mystery I am looking forward to unraveling. Even this morning during worship, I was struck by it. I saw the moon chasing the sun like a woman chasing after a lover and never capturing it. Then I saw a star, that was whole, in need of nothing in order to have it's own light; independent and not moved by the things of this world; not moved by the race for time; not moved by the race for companionship; not moved by the race for money. The star was steady and constant and free from it all.
It was while I was seeing this and after praise and worship that I found myself hardly able to move, sitting at the alter. Today was communion Sunday and I could not even move to pick up the elements at the table. So our associate Pastor brought me the communion and whispered to me that as I am sitting under the anointing, I was in a paradigm shift. He said other things about a change occurring in the elements around me... but my mind could barely understand him speaking. It was an intense moment. What I know about my pastor tells me that even for him to speak of paradigm shifts is uncharacteristic. There is something happening in my life. I am eager to watch it unfold.
Comments