Time goes by so quickly. Every day I get up and hit the ground running. We have appointments scheduled throughout the day sending us all over Houston. It is nothing for us to drive 60-100 miles per day. Fighting traffic jams, shaking hands, passing on business cards, developing business relationships (many of which will be long standing), ministering to our local homeless community. Then ... going home to see that I need to clone myself.
Somehow there needs to be a fairy world of dishwashers, cooks, laundry maids, and toilet cleaners and bathroom scrubbers. But there is just me.
After I do what I can with my various hats of responsibilities, I wonder when will time be made for the paperwork that is piling up? My accounting is 2 months behind with a sales tax deadline looking at me and mocking me. Income tax that should have been done this month, but forgotten in the blur. Thank God I am pretty sure we don't owe anything.
The hypnotic effect of a busy bee life is something I can't stand. When I am asked what I did yesterday or the week before I just give a stare and have a dazed look. All I know is that I got up early and didn't get home until late. What happened in between is a blur.
All I hear continually in my ear is my husband pushing onward, driven, "let's get going" I hear as I sit for just a moment to collect my thoughts. "let's get going!" As I wonder where and for what? "Let's get going !" As I watch the sun start to set and wonder how I will be able to cook dinner and get my son in bed by nine?
Although Domestic Tranquility is not my bliss. I am building something. And the reward is sure to come soon.
In the mean time I celebrate the little things
Like....

Comments