First thing this morning, I had a vivid dream of a pile of dark dingy bones with mildew and mud that seemed to have been set for many years. I was asked if these bones can dance. I said I didn't know. I heard that they won't dance because they see themselves as dirty. I was told to "wash them, make them white, then they will dance."
During the dream I thought I may just be remembering the bible verse in Ezekiel, but when I woke I recalled they were dry bones, not dirty bones. I believe the dream was a mandate for this New Year to speak to the body of Christ of how we are washed and clean, to remove the burden of guilt and shame that keeps the body from celebrating.
The Word says the JOY of the Lord is our strength. So many of us are weak because we have lost our Joy. We have lost our Joy because we have lost our true selves in the midst of mistakes, unforgiveness and human error. As long as we stay sin conscious, we can lose sight of how we have been MADE the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
It is time we eliminate the vocabulary that says we are a work in progress, but begin living the "it is FINISHED" life. The ONLY thing that comes remotely near a "process" is the understanding of what is already done.
~ H.B. Cher
Comments