
He died on March 1st. I was told about his death on the 6th by one of his former colleagues. He was an ambassador for Costa Rica in the Bahamas. His wife was concerned about his reputation if anyone were to find out that the ambassador had left behind a Costa Rican baby. I went my whole life being told my biological father was dead. Then ancestry.com told me differently. I was able to fly to costa rica and meet him once. After our meeting I was cut off by his wife. After several attempts to reach out to siblings for help, they decided it best to stay out of it. So I reached out to my father’s friends in hopes that they could persuade his wife to allow for communications again. My “coming out” was not well received by the family, but many good people that knew my father honored him by accepting me.
I am grateful to them because they are the ones to let me know of his death.
I am not sure why I stay surprised by the evil in this world. Goodness .. look at where I work. But hidden malice in the free world is even worse than the evil behind secured doors.
They will get their own day to account. But for now… I would like to tell you about my amazing father that I wasn’t allowed to know…..
Comments