Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: Colossians 1:13

Translated
This word caught my attention as I study Colossians. This book is RICH! I will want to break down even more of it, I am sure... yet going verse by verse (reading different translations) studying the context of when it was written, to whom it was written and why it was written. Yet through my fine tooth comb, I come across this word, TRANSLATED.
translate - restate (words) from one language into another language;
translate - understand: make sense of a language;
translate - change from one form or medium into another;
translate - bring to a certain spiritual state;
translate - change the position of (figures or bodies) in space without rotation;
In Greek, translated methistēmi means:
1) to transpose, transfer, remove from one place to another
a) of change of situation or place
b) to remove from the office of a steward
c) to depart from life, to die
I have been TRANSLATED from the POWER [rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)]of DARKNESS..
INTO the Kingdom of His Son.
I have been removed from the place of HAVING to obey dark thoughts and impulses... to now being free to walk in truth and light. Not only free to turn away from darkness; but completely REMOVED from it.
Do we dare believe such a thing?
If so, there is no way to justify "riding the fence". It is not your "old flesh" that keeps rising up and causing you to sin. No.... when we have been translated, nothing of the "old" still exists within (we were crucified WITH CHRIST).
To be translated is to be completely changed from one form (old things have passed away) to another (we become a new creation).
The WORD says it.. This IS the GOOD NEWS... believe it, live it, share it.

Translated
This word caught my attention as I study Colossians. This book is RICH! I will want to break down even more of it, I am sure... yet going verse by verse (reading different translations) studying the context of when it was written, to whom it was written and why it was written. Yet through my fine tooth comb, I come across this word, TRANSLATED.
translate - restate (words) from one language into another language;
translate - understand: make sense of a language;
translate - change from one form or medium into another;
translate - bring to a certain spiritual state;
translate - change the position of (figures or bodies) in space without rotation;
In Greek, translated methistēmi means:
1) to transpose, transfer, remove from one place to another
a) of change of situation or place
b) to remove from the office of a steward
c) to depart from life, to die
I have been TRANSLATED from the POWER [rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)]of DARKNESS..
INTO the Kingdom of His Son.
I have been removed from the place of HAVING to obey dark thoughts and impulses... to now being free to walk in truth and light. Not only free to turn away from darkness; but completely REMOVED from it.
Do we dare believe such a thing?
If so, there is no way to justify "riding the fence". It is not your "old flesh" that keeps rising up and causing you to sin. No.... when we have been translated, nothing of the "old" still exists within (we were crucified WITH CHRIST).
To be translated is to be completely changed from one form (old things have passed away) to another (we become a new creation).
The WORD says it.. This IS the GOOD NEWS... believe it, live it, share it.
Comments